Wednesday, July 1, 2009

July 1 - Clubbin'

Golf clubbin', that is. Met the bro-in-law for a round of golf at the East Potomac Golf Course. We played the Red course and I shot a 48 on my first round in years. It averages to 6 shots a hole, and I can't pretend it's not a par 3 (that's a triple-bogey average... yup.) so that's pretty terrible. Anyway, hit another 50 balls before and after the round.

I guess the highlights were that I was mostly hitting the ball well (way too far on a few holes) and I was putting ok. I just need to figure out the pitching wedge and get better at lifting the ball up and landing it softly on the green. I think that was where I lost the most strokes today.

Here's a short clip from one of the holes...



The ball actually landed past the tee box for the next hole, in front of the two golfers behind the trees... I guess I need to find my range. I will say that was probably the best hit ball I had all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment