Thursday, July 30, 2009

July 29 - Clubbin'

Met Arin out at East Potomac for a few rounds of golf yesterday. We expected rain, but went out to play the Red course anyway.

Arin - 35
Alan - 37

I actually managed a par on one of the holes. If I remember correctly, I shot something like a 66 the last time I played this course! Being 10 over is not too shabby considering I'm averaging close to a bogey a hole.

Once we finished up we had a taste for golf at this point and wanted to maybe play another round. We were a little soaked, but it looked like the rain was gone for now. After checking with the starters, we decided to play the other 9-hole course on the grounds and snagged a golf cart to go with us (we had about an hour of daylight to play 9 holes at this point).

We zipped through the round, but managed to play pretty well.

Arin - 47
Alan - 45

Arin caught up a bit on the last hole when he nailed a monster putt for par and I three-putted for a double bogey.... Either way, this is big improvement from a few weeks ago!

1 comment:

  1. Correcting myself here... I shot a 48 in my first round on the par 3 course, so I'm better by 11 strokes.

    I did shoot a 45 the first time I played the white course, but I didn't play any penalties. I remember having at least 3-4 penalties which would probably bring the score into the 50s easily. I did play my one penalty this time and lost big strokes because of it! 45 is definitely improvement.

    ReplyDelete