Monday, July 13, 2009

July 12 - Clubbin'

Played the White Course at East Potomac. Had a goal of breaking 50 strokes for 9 holes. This course is quite a bit easier than the 18 I played Saturday, so I figured breaking 50 would put me in a good range for eventually breaking 100 on the big boys course. I ended up shooting 45 and getting a few milestones!

First ever par on the second hole! First ever birdy on the 8th hole after driving 250 yards down the center of the fairway and putting a nice chip shot onto the green right next to the cup! Second ever par on hole 9, landing a 260-275 yard drive on the fairway and getting myself on the green close enough to land the par putt.

Overall I think I'm improving the golf game. I still slice my drive pretty hard most times, but I'm slowly getting it under control. I think buying my own clubs could help straighten that out, since I've been using a different set each time out. Rental clubs aren't the best kept either...

No comments:

Post a Comment